Modularised OSM Wall Panels© are the foundation for the building system and complies with New Zealand standard (NZS3604).
Produced in a dry, controlled factory environment by local Frame & Truss plants nationwide and there are no requirements to invest in expensive machinery or a large single factory. Standardized and can be manufactured cost efficiently in production runs and to stockholding.
Installation of wall panels and construction on-site are carried out by licensed building practitioners (LBPs). Allowing the house to be weather proof within a week and achieving practical completion in only 3-4 months after concrete pour. Optimised designs enables the builder to work more efficiently with familiar installations and with less waste of material on-site.
Economy of scale and standardisation in combination with OSM Wall Panels© reduces the construction cost with up to 20% compared to conventional build.
External walls from outside to inside:
- Vertical Radiata Pine Weatherboard 18.5mm, H3.1, Primed and two top coats of acrylic paint
- 45 mm cavity, Radiata Pine cavity battens 45 x 45mm, H3.2, 427mm ctrs
- 8mm OSB rigid Air Barrier
- 45 x 90mm studs, 600mm ctrs, 45 x 90mm double top plate, 45 x 90mm single bottom plate, no dwangs
- 90mm Earthwool (R-value 2.8)
- Intello air barrier membrane to inside face of framing
- 45 x 45mm service cavity, 600mm ctrs, fixed through Intello to main wall framing
- 50mm Earthwool (R-value 1.3)
- 10mm GIB lining